New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Bluetooth: Not Available problem on MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thereignman

thereignman is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,
I just would like to seek help from you regarding a "bluetooth: not available" problem I'm experiencing on my macbook pro 13.
A reboot of the device does not correct it.
Anybody experienced this problem? Any insights?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Try a SMC reset.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
thereignman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Try a SMC reset.
thanks! will try it later.
QUOTE Thanks
Mickyfin

Mickyfin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 2.8

Just to add, I too experienced this issue yesterday, and I believe it was a result of not shutting down my MBP for several days, only putting it to sleep.

Once I shut it down after restarting it twice didn't work, once switched back on, it was all back to normal. Just thought I would share my fix.
QUOTE Thanks
thereignman

thank you for all your inputs. SMC did not work for me.

as was about to surrender that it is a hardware issue, i tried to do one thing. i plugged my mbp to inline power before turning it on. i don't do this before, as i was always relying on the battery. bluetooth is now working!

i further troubleshoot. i found out that whenever i shut down my mac without first disconnecting my bluetooth mouse, bluetooth problem comes back up. and after powering it up with the power cable now connected, bluetooth comes back up again.

i would appreciate any thoughts shared about this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SmcFlasher.efi injected with Gen:Trojan 1044800800 | How get an original OS load »