Question about gathering images...
    I have a PowerMac G5 and I basically inherited this machine. Before I can wipe and start clean I need to get all the pictures off here. My mother in-law and her husband stored pictures on here and I get the feeling they aren't all in one place.

what is the best way to find all the pictures so i can put them in one folder?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by ckshowtime View Post
    I have a PowerMac G5 and I basically inherited this machine. Before I can wipe and start clean I need to get all the pictures off here. My mother in-law and her husband stored pictures on here and I get the feeling they aren't all in one place.

what is the best way to find all the pictures so i can put them in one folder?
    Pull the HD and put it in an external enclosure then connect to another Mac and drag and drop the HD icon on iPhoto is one way. iPhot will import all images, you can clean up the library later.

Another way would be to use Spotlight to search for images and hunt them down that way.

What makes you think they aren't already in iPhoto? If so, you can just export them and then wipe and start over.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Honestly i am new to the whole Mac thing so I had no idea that iPhoto did that. I appreciate the insight, that is why I signed up on this forum!!!

Thread Information