New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Events library file missing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iCrazy

iCrazy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 Mac Mini Aluminum/320g intel Core 2 duo/2g memory/2.4 Ghz/NVIDIA GeForce 320M

I accidentally deleted my events file....when I open my hard drive, you have the red,yellow,green buttons, then to the right you have your viewing settings.Then you have the box with the arrow, then the box with the searsch "eyeball", then your settings sprocket icon with the arrow. After that I have a huge question mark!.......huh? so I click on it and it says, "no item found". I noticed this after installing LION 2 days ago. Where do I go to get this events library file back....?

2011 Mac mini aluminum / Cisco E3000 router / Epson Workforce 600 (Wi-Fi) / Harman/Kardon Soundsticks II / Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 1080p display...
QUOTE Thanks
iCrazy

Mac Specs: 2011 Mac Mini Aluminum/320g intel Core 2 duo/2g memory/2.4 Ghz/NVIDIA GeForce 320M

anyone out there......help? ......um, why does it say it's posting at 5:29am, when it's 12:30?

2011 Mac mini aluminum / Cisco E3000 router / Epson Workforce 600 (Wi-Fi) / Harman/Kardon Soundsticks II / Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 1080p display...
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Are you looking for your User Library file? It's now hidden by default in Lion. To unhide it type the following in Terminal:

Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library/
QUOTE Thanks
iCrazy

What's terminal? I'm confused?

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrazy View Post
What's terminal? I'm confused?
An application found in your Applications / Utilities folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrazy View Post
anyone out there......help? ......um, why does it say it's posting at 5:29am, when it's 12:30?
Because you did not set your time zone when you registered as it requested and just left it as the default.

To change it - use the Profile link at the top of the page - Edit Options - scroll down to Date & Time Options - make your change - then scroll down and click on the Save Changes button.

(And do not post the same question multiple times/places. Thanks.)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
iCrazy

Let me try to explain what I'm looking for again.....I keep my hard drive icon on my desktop. When I click on it and open it, you get the large window. From the TOP, left to right (at the top of the window...the gray bar across the top).......1st,you have the red,yellow,green buttons, then to the right you have a box with four seperate viewing settings.Then you have the box with the drop down arrow, then the box with the search "eyeball", then your settings sprocket icon with the drop down arrow. After that I should have another drop down window...(THIS IS WHERE THE BIG QUESTION MARK IS......)...then after where the missinf drop down is, you have the search bar..... so I click on the question mark is and it says, "no item found". I noticed this after installing LION 2 days ago. .....help, what I need is someone to open their hard drive and tell me what the correct name of my missing file is? I believe I didn't use this feature in snow leopard, and may have trashed it anyways.....BUT I would like to get it back.......to use it from now on.....I believe it's called an "events" file with a drop down arrow, but I don't know what it's called.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg this is what's missing…..jpg (75.4 KB, 4 views)

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you right click on the top menu and then select "customize toolbar". That will show you all the icons that could be placed in the toolbar. Maybe you can figure it out from there.
QUOTE Thanks
iCrazy

All I can say to you sir (chscag)......is THANK YOU, THANK YOU!...You hit it on the nail!......worked like a charm. I also FINALLY got ahold of my brother and had him tell me what he has on his window top (he has 3 i-macs..and is running lion on 2 of them now), and I ended up using the default LION icons.....and that silly arrow is now GONE...!!!!! Take a bow my friend you have saved the day, and my hats off to you sir!....Man I just love this forum, people are so nice and willing to help us noobs........have a great evening!

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Glad you got it fixed. Have fun and visit often.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« nick in the charger :/ | SD card files getting deleted! »