New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Lion Recovery Update - in 10.7.2?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Terry_C

Terry_C is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel MAC Yosemite

Hi

I note that a Lion Recovery Update is available (12/10/2011) but Software Update doesn't pick it up. Can I therefore assume it was already in my recent Lion Installation (10.7.2) downloaded on 14/10 or should it be downloaded separately and installed? The only thing SU has installed since upgrading to Lion is iTunes 10.5

Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I would think the recovery tool is updated along with the standards 10.7.2 update

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
beamon

beamon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5 in. iMac i7 processor, 8 GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Mt. Lion 10.8.2

Click on the apple icon in your menu bar (top left of your screen). Click "About this Mac" and it will tell you what version is installed. You probably have 7.2 already and that's why the SU is not alerting you.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

The OS X.7.2 and the Recovery update all came in the one parcel, from memory they were about 448MB each.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Terry_C

Terry_C is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel MAC Yosemite

Very helpful - thanks all for your replies.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time capsule & macbook switching off | this software cant be installed on this computer »