New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

plz help my macbook is really slow

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ari15

ari15 is on a distinguished road

hi my macbook is really slow version 10.6.6 processor 2.26 GHz intel core 2 duo
memory 2gb 1067MHz DDR3 i got it about 2 years ago helpppp!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Is this slowness a recent thing?
QUOTE Thanks
ari15

ya it started to slow down about 4 months ago
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari15 View Post
hi my macbook is really slow version 10.6.6 processor 2.26 GHz intel core 2 duo
memory 2gb 1067MHz DDR3 i got it about 2 years ago helpppp!!!
Sorry...but telling us that your computer is "really slow" is not very helpful. "Really slow" how? When doing what? Compared to what?

Maybe your computer is 100% fine...and you're just trying to do something on it that it wasn't designed to do or capable of doing??

Give us more info.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ari15

what i mean about really slow is it takes about 1 min to load a page on google chrome and it use to take like 2 seconds to go on on facebook or somthing..
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what i mean about really slow is it takes about 1 min to load a page on google chrome and it use to take like 2 seconds to go on on facebook or somthing..
- How full is your HD?
- How many apps. do you usually have open at the same time?
- How often do you restart your computer (versus putting it to sleep)?
- When was the last time you repaired permissions?

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
ari15

not just internet even when im opening a document or a movie its slow.
thank you rite back
QUOTE Thanks
ari15

what is a hd? i usally put it to sleep. what does repaired permissions mean?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
what is a hd?
HD = Hard Drive You do know what a hard drive is don't you!

Quote:
i usally put it to sleep.
Putting it to sleep most of the time is fine...but occasionally it's a good idea to shutdown or restart the computer.

Quote:
what does repaired permissions mean?
Open Disk Utility (Applications Folder>Utilities Folder)...then click on the button "Repair Permissions".

- Nick

p.s. FYI...I asked 4 questions...you only answered three!

QUOTE Thanks
ari15

lol hahahahah on my hard drive i have another 23.5 gb. I usually have around 3 apps a time . By the way when i go to Disk utillities i dont have the option to go to application folder
QUOTE Thanks
blairtechguy

blairtechguy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Xeon 6gb DDR2 1TB OSX Server

Open up your activity monitor and then remove your widgets on your dashboard one by one and see if there is an improvement. Monitor your CPU usage and memory usage as you close each widget.

Blair Technology Group - Mac System Administrator
QUOTE Thanks
ari15

i think i figured out my problem my cpu and system memory is high here check out these pictures and plz tell me what to do. file:///Users/ariposner/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-10-19%20at%209.44.55%20AM.png

file:///Users/ariposner/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-10-19%20at%209.49.06%20AM.png

thank you
QUOTE Thanks
ari15

someone answer!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
someone answer!!
Can't see your photos. The path of the photos is on your computer...and we cannot access your computer. You need to "host" the photos somewhere on the internet for us to see them.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
lol hahahahah on my hard drive i have another 23.5 gb. I usually have around 3 apps a time . By the way when i go to Disk utillities i dont have the option to go to application folder
Nick did not tell you there was an option for Applications folder. He said Navigate to the Applications Folder and then to Utilities and run Disk Utility. Click on the main drive and Repair Permissions.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dual or Triple Booting? Mac OS-X Snow Leopard, Lion and Windows? | Finder Command + T problem »