New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Enable Fullscreen for any application in Lion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AppleCider

AppleCider will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Early 2008, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

Hey guys, I just found this out, and wanted to share it with you all. Ok, so we all know that Lion has fullscreen support, but the number of applications that actually support it are minimal. This is a quick guide on how to enable native fullscreen for [almost] every application on your mac.
There are two things you need to download:
SIMBL --> http://www.culater.net/dl/files/SIMBL-0.9.9.zip

and Maximizer --> http://chpwn.com/dropbox/Maximizer.bundle_beta3.zip

Ok first download SIMBL. When you download it, it will be in your downloads folder, or where ever you specified.

After that, unzip it, and click on the .pkg file.

It will ask to install the program.

Finish the proccess, and you should be greeted by this:

Then download the Maximizer thingy. It should also be in your downloads folder. After this has been done, navigate to this folder in your computer. Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > SIMBL > Plugins and move the Maximizer file to that folder.

Thats it! Your done! Just close the application and reopen it, and wualla! (I know thats spelled wrong) Fullscreen!

... If one falls flat on their face, at least they were moving in the right direction...

Forward...
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

Just one thing I'm interested in... How did you get your stacks to look like that? Like list style but with a fatter click area instead of thin. I like that.

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
AppleCider

AppleCider will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Early 2008, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

Sure thing,

Type this into the console:

defaults write com.apple.dock use-new-list-stack -bool YES
killall Dock

Anything else?

... If one falls flat on their face, at least they were moving in the right direction...

Forward...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« c++ programming help! | Lost all my iDisk files »