New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Weird web browser problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jestrella18

jestrella18 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys/Gals,

First and foremost, i'm a new member (happy mac user for about 4 years)

Intel Macbook 13"

well the problem. I have recently (past month and a half or so) started having a web browser issue where after browsing the web for about 2 days the browser starts to "pixelate" or boxes start appearing everywhere and it makes the browser unusable. This happens in any browser (use safari mainly but if i open opera or firefox, it does the same thing.

This is an example image of what happens. It happens on all tabs and if i close one or open a new one, the same issue happens. Refreshing website doesn't help. the only thing that fixes the issue is rebooting my MacBook. Then it will happen again in about 2 days and i have to reboot again.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Does it only happen when you're using a web browser? How about with other applications?
QUOTE Thanks
sfam198

sfam198 is on a distinguished road

I'm not going to even pretend I know where to begin troubleshooting this issue, but it is interesting that the ad overlay isn't affected. Could be something in the coding of the site, but not the way the ad is coded? I don't know, just an observation.
QUOTE Thanks
jestrella18

It only happens with my web browsers. But I noticed once that my macbook slowed down. Once, I tried to minimize my MS Word window and it froze halfway during its minimize animation. So I hard to hard power down the laptop that one time.. All other times, nothing else froze and everything else seemed ok.. Just in case, I installed iAntivirus but it didn't detect anything. I'm lost when it comes to this issue...
QUOTE Thanks
jestrella18

Wha I have noticed sometimes is that I'll switch to a different tab and the problem starts but it shows what was on the previous tab for a second and then startts boxing up like this. I was on google.com last night and did a search. Clicked on one of the website links and the website loaded with this effect. When I hit the back button to go back to google.com, google was ok and I could also run another search.
QUOTE Thanks
jestrella18

Ok i might have fixed it. When going into Safari Prefences, i encountered an javascript error saying that Safari needs to be set to 32-bit mode in order for the video to play (i wasn't trying to play a video so i don't know why it said that but thats what it said). So i went to Applications/Safari and clicked on "more info" and checked the box for "open in 32-bit mode" and then restarted my browser. everything seems to be working fine so far. I'll give it 2 days and report back.
QUOTE Thanks
jestrella18

The same issue came back after two days.. i'm so lost... any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Virus | Upgrading to fix bugs »