New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Some Websites frozen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Grandad

Grandad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 3.06GHz intel core i3, OSX 10.7.5; iBook G3, pre steam! iPad 2; iPhone 5

Hi Folks

Will you please help me solve this problem.
I'm increasingly finding that some websites are now just frozen, I key in the address, the search for the site starts, then after just a second or two it stops and the blue line does not move again.

I've been told to delete the cookies from the preferences for one of these sites, which I did, but it makes no difference.

The website is good as a friend checked it out for me; so, it is obviously something wrong my end.

What now? In hope!

Roger
QUOTE Thanks
Grandad

Grandad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 3.06GHz intel core i3, OSX 10.7.5; iBook G3, pre steam! iPad 2; iPhone 5

Hi Folks

Will you please help me solve this problem.
I'm increasingly finding that some websites are now just frozen, I key in the address, the search for the site starts, then after just a second or two it stops and the blue line does not move again.

I've been told to delete the cookies from the preferences for one of these sites, which I did, but it makes no difference.

The website is good as a friend checked it out for me; so, it is obviously something wrong my end.

What now? In hope!

Roger
QUOTE Thanks
Domb

Domb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz

i take it this is using safari, i sometimes get this. I have downloaded google chrome which does not seem to have this problem. I find that safari sometimes will work perfectly so try another browser.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

What version of Safari do you have?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Arrow-like thing in menu bar | Can't get icloud to work »