New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

having trouble with a keyboard layout

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Antaine

Antaine is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I recently had the logic board replaced on my MacBook Pro, and when I got it back from Apple, one of my keyboard layouts no longer works. I've got 10.6.8 on there now (which I thought was what I had when I mailed it out), so I'm sure they installed the latest version of the OS.

This is a problem because I have a foreign language font that requires that keyboard (the old Mac US System 6 keyboard). There is no substitute for that font or for that layout (unless I can figure out how to make my own).

I have the keyboard layout as both an rsrc file and a kbd file, but neither one works. Is there a new file format for 10.6.8? Is there a (free) program that will either let me make my own custom keyboard layout (allowing me to replicate that one…I found one for Windows 7 on my netbook) or rearrange the font that I need it for so that it will work with US or US Extended?

Actually, given the choice, remapping the font is probably preferable to making a custom keyboard, but I'm cool with doing either as long as it's free.

Thanks, in advance,
Antaine
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finding corrupt files | iCloud system status link »