New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Server 10.7.2 - Won't allow install

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kj0

kj0 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook | iMac | iPhone | iPod | eMac

Hi All.

So I have attempted to update the Mac server from 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 without success. Fire I tried using Software update which fell over after it did the first couple of updates, but when it got to 10.7.2 it told me there there was no where it to save the file to. So to speed things up re-downloading I downloaded the combo update direct from Apple.com came down fine - Copied it onto the server and attempted to run it, all went well until it asked where I would like to install it. I get Server HD and Macintosh HD2. ( and The mounted update .dmg of course) however they all have Exclamation Marks on them and all say it does not meet the requirements.

The MacMini was bought 4 weeks ago so it is definitely brand new.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Try downloading the server update:-

OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 (Server)

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
kj0

That's what I am trying to install.
QUOTE Thanks
kj0

OK, What i found out is there MacAir '11 and MacMini Server '11 (Most recent) have different line of update's. So the combo update will not run. Software update is the only way to do it at the moment, but comes up with an error stopping me from "saving" the file to the machine. Anyone?>
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lion and connecting to server 2003 | all programmes downloading as dmg.dat files? »