New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MobileMe to iCloud

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 4gbram iPhone5

I've updated to Lion 10.7.2 and iOS 5 but it won't let me move Me.com to iCloud.

I guess its just too busy, has anyone else managed it yet?

Regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Subscribed... I'll be doing this same thing after I hit a few forums and see how it's going for everyone. Good luck!

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
Subscribed... I'll be doing this same thing after I hit a few forums and see how it's going for everyone. Good luck!
18.30 till 22.00 but all done on iPhone 4 and Macbook Pro, - iCloud welcome email received.

now for a couple of hours exploration

regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Still 'Please try again later'

I'm thinking they had this transition poorly planned.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

w00t!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-10-12 at 2.58.03 PM.png (336.6 KB, 63 views)

mike
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

Underwhelmed and confused by iCloud, maybe i'm missing something. I've only really looked at photos, and photostream works well, but what is the point in backing up for 30 days then you need to move them, to iPhoto or back up/publish elsewhere.

MobileMe - take a shot upload to the gallery and forget it, more minus than plus so far, as iPhoto can be a pain

Regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Eh, it's free.

Kinda glad the last year of mobile me is free now.

mike
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Thanks for the update. I'm waiting. It's telling me that it will be 2 hours to download and update my AppleTV and 3 hours to download and update 10.7.2. I'll wait until their servers aren't as busy. I don't want to attempt this, have issues and then spend time troubleshooting phantom issues - mucking up my configuration or calendars in the process.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
Eh, it's free.

Kinda glad the last year of mobile me is free now.
True, - which is a big clue, as to why it's a minus, in some ways.

Regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Downloaded and migrated might as well since Mobile Me is going away.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Well, on the plus side.. a smugmug account was cheaper.. so now I have a better gallery host for my uses AND still have the email and push synching.

mike
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
Well, on the plus side.. a smugmug account was cheaper.. so now I have a better gallery host for my uses AND still have the email and push synching.
I'll have a look at smugmug as a gallery host

Regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
smrtasawhp

smrtasawhp is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Intel i5; iPhone 4; iPad 2

I am wondering if anyone has attempted to activate Photo Stream by itself, without any of the other services? I have installed OS 5 on my iPhone 4, but haven't upgraded my MacBook Pro to Lion and until I do, I'm waiting to move my entire MobileMe account to iCloud.

Thanks

I answered my question:

It's all or nothing. Once you enter your Apple ID and password you are prompted to move your MobileMe Account to iCloud.
QUOTE Thanks
jpjones

jpjones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano

I have OSX 10.7.2 and iOS5 on my iPhone 4S, yet I cannot get photostream to work on my mbp. When I look for an update to iphoto, it seems like apple wants me to pay $15 for an upgrade to iLife11. Is this really necessary to use photostream?

-JPJ
QUOTE Thanks
southwos

southwos is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MP 8core, MBP 15 i7, MBP 17 i7, iMac i5

I updated everything, got new 4s along with my other devices. My logins have been hosed. I can login with one id/password on one device, but not another. i have been bouncing between devices/laptops/computer with several variations of usernames and passwords. Just wondering if there is a quick and easy way to sync all accounts (that were all in sync before updates) now that IOS and iTunes have been upgraded along with Mobilme going away.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS X Lion Guest Account Privileges | Mac OS X leopard 10.5. To upgrade or not?? »