New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Questions regarding App icons

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Awesomesauce

Awesomesauce is on a distinguished road

So today I decided to start changing my app icons and I got to change some of them. My problem is that I wanted to change my Applications and Documents folders in the dock but after I removed them and replaced them with the new image ones, they don't respond with the stacks or anything and then after a bit the image disappears. This happens on both. I used the copy-paste method on Get Info.
Also, I was wondering how you guys change other icons like Finder, Time Machine, iTunes, etc.
Thanks!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

You need to create a .icns file and replace the .icns file inside the application package.

There are plenty of Photoshop templates and plugins out there that let you create the correct size icons for OS X.

Once created use the show package contents option in the Finder to browse to the icns file in the package. Be sure to backup the original.
QUOTE Thanks
Drake69

Drake69 is on a distinguished road

Hey, there's a great (free) program you can use to get icons. You can even upload them later again, and there's a recovering feature!

Link to program
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mountain Lion | About creating a new partition in Lion »