Reset Lion OS X for new user....
    I bought my MacBook Pro in March. Sat next to a lady on airplane last week sho had the new Air. I wanted it. Sold my MBP to buddy. Need to set up for him and wipe my data but KEEP the Lion OS update I purchased.

I have searched and found how to use disks etc to wipe clean, however I want him to get the update.

Is there a way to wipe my data and keep LION and him be able to log in with the new user interface that welcomed me to Apple? He is a first time user (as well as I was).

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    Strictly speaking, your license to Lion is valid only for computers you "own or control."

If you really want your buddy to have Lion, give him a $30 price break when you sell it so he can buy his own copy.

Quote Originally Posted by technologist View Post
    Strictly speaking, your license to Lion is valid only for computers you "own or control."

If you really want your buddy to have Lion, give him a $30 price break when you sell it so he can buy his own copy.
    Makes sense. Did not think of it that way. Just will not need that copy anyway since the Air comes with it.

Thanks for your help. I presume I can just use disks and follow the normal way.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    What discs? Lion was either an App Store download or a purchase on a thumb drive - no discs whatsoever.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    What discs? Lion was either an App Store download or a purchase on a thumb drive - no discs whatsoever.
    The Original snow leopard ones.

Specs:
    iMac 21.5" Mid 2009 4GB 500GB 7200RPM, Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 8GB 750GB 7200RPM, iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by gobluejd View Post
    I bought my MacBook Pro in March. Sat next to a lady on airplane last week sho had the new Air. I wanted it. Sold my MBP to buddy. Need to set up for him and wipe my data but KEEP the Lion OS update I purchased.

I have searched and found how to use disks etc to wipe clean, however I want him to get the update.

Is there a way to wipe my data and keep LION and him be able to log in with the new user interface that welcomed me to Apple? He is a first time user (as well as I was).
    You will always own the update to lion. However, you can do a fresh install of lion and have it set up under his name. As said above, it would be easier just to give him the price break and let him get his own copy.

Quote Originally Posted by aestheticxxlove View Post
    You will always own the update to lion. However, you can do a fresh install of lion and have it set up under his name. As said above, it would be easier just to give him the price break and let him get his own copy.
    This is what I did. Already wiped and installed original OS and giving price break....

Thread Information