New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can Time Capsule keep my stuff for me when I upgrade?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Apparently Slow

Apparently Slow is on a distinguished road

I have Leopard and a Time Capsule, and I have been backing up lately. I just purchased Snow Leopard, and I would like to wipe my HD clean and start again (it's getting slow these days).

Can I confidently do that, knowing that Time Capsule will be able to restore my stuff, or is Time Capsule dependent on my current OS?

AND - if the latter is the case (which I can only guess that it is), what should I do about it??

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Yes, it will restore all your settings and files, etc. When you reach the end of your SL install, it will ask if you want to use your Time Machine backup. Just make sure your Time Capsule is plugged in and say "Yes". That's really all there is.
If you haven't already researched it, I suggest a Google search for how to do a clean install of SL. It's slightly hidden but not too difficult to find.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

When you say its getting slow do you mean opening apps or actually using the app that is open ? It would help if you stated model and year. I have yet to experience a slowdown on the Macs I have owned with the exception of a ram issue that was resolved with a replacement. That being said OSX is not like Windows where it becomes bloated and slows down over time. I have always been able to retrieve whatever I needed on Time Machine so long as everything is in working order.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ejected/outdated OSX Install Disk (Disk Utility unavailable for repair) | Youtube with google chrome on MacBook »