New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Fresh install of Lion not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

newmanm

newmanm is on a distinguished road

Guys, could really use your help. Ive started the install process of lion from recovery mode. I went to disk utility and clicked erase disk of my hd, and then went to reinstall lion. Everything was smooth during the download phase. Upon restart however, It always displays an error message a few seconds after the installation window appears. In it, it says to try reinstalling lion. Any ideas?

Much appreciated as always!

PS ive tried this twice so its been a frustrating 10 hours waiting for it to download.
QUOTE Thanks
newmanm

Heres some of the log data - I couldnt copy it so had to write down the jest of it

dhcp en1: init transmit failed
failed to issue extension for item /com.apple.recovery/base system.dmg (depth=4000) no such file or directory.
failed to locate volume with UUID: (long numbers and letter combo)
could not find mac osx install data (I had just downloaded it though - scratching head)

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
newmanm

Also, though I would add, since it errors out on me, I still have recovery mode - but it looks different than before: I have access to terminal if this helps and all utilities. Im very greatful for any help - I know the data has to be on my computer because I downloaded it .. twice..
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You may have gotten a bad download. It sounds like your connection is slow which sometimes adds to inheriting corruption during the download process.

What I suggest is go to your nearest Apple store and download using their server connection. Also, before installing Lion again burn a copy to disk so that you won't have to go through all that again. Additionally, before installing Lion use the Disk Utility tool from the Recovery partition to verify your hard drive.

How to burn a Lion disk
QUOTE Thanks
newmanm

CHscag, Thank you for your help! I did get it working finally. the trick was to reset my pram and do one more fresh install - it worked thankfully
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mails gone | ipages »