New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

What is a good international linguist font?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wroachbarrette

wroachbarrette is on a distinguished road

I am having an issue with a document created using an old international font that does not work with word 2011, whenever it opens any characters that are not supported will open up with a closed caption symbol, trade mark symbol, etc, and not what i need it to open up with, my question is, what can i do to get those symbols to open with word 2011? I will also say I have a pdf of the document, so if there is a program that can read an international linguist font, i could just use that.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

MS Word 2011 and versions before are extremely fussy about fonts. Not just any font will work and even fonts that are usable by other OS X programs, may not work with the Office apps. It's trial and error trying to find fonts that can be used.
QUOTE Thanks
wroachbarrette

wroachbarrette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
MS Word 2011 and versions before are extremely fussy about fonts. Not just any font will work and even fonts that are usable by other OS X programs, may not work with the Office apps. It's trial and error trying to find fonts that can be used.
would it be easier to try and use a program like acrobate to copy and past the paper into a pages document?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Are you referring to saving it as PDF and then edit it with Adobe Acrobat? I'm not sure what you mean. Pages can open Word Docs so you might want to try that to see if the fonts display correctly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bootup Drive Help | Issues watching online videos fullscreen »