New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

External speaker issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jonesy16

jonesy16 is an unknown at this point

My software for OSX version 10.6.8 is all current. The external speakers have suddenly quit working, and only the internal speaker of the iMac is working. All connections/power to the external speakers are fine. I am having a brain dump on what to do, I just know the same thing has happened before several years ago and it was an easy fix. Help anyone??
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The output audio jack might be stuck in "internal mode" rather than "output mode". Try moving the male plug in and out several times to see if you can reset it. Other than that make sure you check all your settings in the System Preferences, Sound panel.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pop Up on Mac OS X for Windows Anti-Virus PC | New mac opens MacOS folder on startup »