Snow Leopard to Lion - comments, please
    Specs:
    8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5
    I'm a newbie to Apple and Macs, using a MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone 4. I'm running Snow Leopard on my MB Pro and will greatly appreciate comments of you guys who have upgraded to Lion. Being very comfortable with Snow Leopard's Calendar and Address Book applications, I'm particularly interested in your opinion of the new iCal and Address Book apps in Lion. I'll appreciate any comments on additional applications as well. Thank you in advance for your help.
    "Laughter is an instant vacation"
    - Milton Berle

personally i going back to snow leopard mate lion is running like a dog on my MBP after the backup is done the disc is going straight back in and going back to something with a little speed.

cant say much on calendar or address book as i dont usually use them as mobileme has been handling it for me. the only app that i use that hasnt suffered from the lion slow down has been dropbox.

My MBP is used as an everyday machine and i bought it for speed not to sit and wait for a coffee before i can open safari i like lion its just been slow as since i installed it.

If you don't "need" Lion my suggestion is to stay with Snow Leopard. So far we haven't updated any of our machines to Lion and with all the reports coming back about how slow it is, the bugs it has, and the fact that they are trying to make the OS too similar to iOS, I personally have no interest in updating.
    Joshua Aaron
    President/CEO
    Mac Genius - Apple Macintosh & IT Consulting

i suggest you don't do it, Lion made my 2011 MBP slow some of my games don't work anymore and I get that spinning ball waaaaay more often than i did with SL.

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    I don't have Lion yet - but if you read through some of the threads here you'll see that many members had success getting rid of that sluggishness and in fact speeding up their OS experience compared to SL by doing a clean install of Lion rather than just the upgrade. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
    I don't have Lion yet - but if you read through some of the threads here you'll see that many members had success getting rid of that sluggishness and in fact speeding up their OS experience compared to SL by doing a clean install of Lion rather than just the upgrade. YMMV.
    I tried that and it doesn't help that much.

Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    It's lightning fast here. Two different Macs. Clean install on both. Only real issue is Safari taking a lot of RAM for me. There is one other minor issue.

Snow Leopard has issues. Issues that were not yet fixed. The battery meter for Bluetooth Keyboards Percentage got messed up 2 updates back and still has not been fixed.

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    My experience is like dtravis's, zero problems and fast.

However, it was horribly slow when I tried to just upgrade it to Lion, so I decided to scrap it and start a clean install and it was much much better.
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Thread Information