New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Network settings?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ggmen1

ggmen1 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,
Finally got the nerve to update my operating system to Tiger 10.5 and then updated to 10.5.11, really like it and its faster.
A couple of things I need help with.

I am getting a prompt telling me that my network settings have been changed by another application. How do I fix that?

Also, lost my MAIL option next to TOOLS in Opera. How do I get it back?
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ggmen1

Sorry, I meant Tiger 10.4 to 10.4.11
QUOTE Thanks
kittonian

kittonian is on a distinguished road

Your network settings should not have changed, nor should any application be able to modify them. Check your settings in System Preferences->Network and ensure they are correct.

You may need to update to a later version of Opera. In the case that you are running the latest version for 10.4.11, it could either be a preferences settings that isn't checked, or a bug. Posting the question in the Opera forums is the best plan.

Joshua Aaron
President/CEO
Mac Genius - Apple Macintosh & IT Consulting
QUOTE Thanks
ggmen1

What would the correct settings be? Since Opera does not give you the option to connect via ethernet?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lion Spotlight Isn't Finding Anything | Keyboard won't have certain output, but working »