New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

remote access: from windows to mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sunnyhanda

sunnyhanda is on a distinguished road

hello i have mac os x 10.7 in my office and windows 7 in my home i want to connect these two so that i can do remote assistance from home. i am looking for way so that i can take over the mac machine from windows 7 machine for example vnc or team viewer.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

VNC will work quite well, as long as you turn on Screen Sharing in the Sharing System Preference Pane.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
sunnyhanda

sunnyhanda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
VNC will work quite well, as long as you turn on Screen Sharing in the Sharing System Preference Pane.
Thanks alot for replying but can you please please be more specific how seting-up procedure becoz its kinda test for me in my job. As i said my one PC in a location A and on location B i have mac server.i have been reading many things about vnc, real vnc, ultra vnc, chicken vnc but i dont understand a thing. please can you give me link or some idea about where i can read or watch about setup-up from scratch.
As my manager wants to control over mac server of someother company that he is being giving remote assistance from his windows 7 PC.
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

The info you've given us isn't all we need.
Is the server/target Mac directly connected to the internet (have its own internet IP), or is it connected to a router, so it has a local IP address?
Local IP addresses start with 192.168, or 10.0 or 172.

If the Mac is connected through a router to a local IP address, you will need to open the port number for VNC - usually 5900 - on the router.
In router manuals this is usually called Port Forwarding. You set this up in the router web admin pages - any requests to port 5900 will be sent to the local IP address that is set to receive them.

http://homepage.mac.com/car1son/stat...fwd_intro.html
Leopard Makes It Easy to Share Your Mac's Screen Locally and Over the Internet
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lion problem: no wakeup on using mouse | Newby - dock query »