New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac relic needs to upgrade from 10.4.11 to 10.5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LorraineMontana

LorraineMontana is on a distinguished road

I am a relic in the Mac universe to be sure. I have had my 17" MacBookPro since 2006 and have never upgraded from OS X 10.4.11. Now I want to use a new iPhone and the newer version of iTunes required to communicate with it won't install on my outdated OS. Could one of you kind people point me in the right direction for upgrading my 10.4.11 to 10.5? I don't even know where to buy the software! Is it something I can upgrade with a download, or do I need to buy a physical disk? My hardware specs are: Model MacBookPro2,1; Intel Core 2 Duo; speed 2.33 GHz; 1 processor, 2 cores; 4MB L2 cache; 2 GB memory; bus speed 667 MHz; Boot ROM version MBP21.00A5.B08; SMC 1.14f5. Any tips would be much appreciated. - A Dumb Brunette.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

You would need to purchase either a retail version of Leopard or the full boxed set of Snow Leopard. I recommend Snow Leopard. However, both are going to be expensive now that Lion is out.

What I suggest is to contact Apple customer service and see if they have the full boxed set of Snow Leopard on hand for sale. It will cost $169.00 but it also includes iWork and iLife.

Amazon has copies of both Leopard and Snow Leopard but as you can see from this LINK, it's going to cost $$$.
QUOTE Thanks
LorraineMontana

LorraineMontana is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time machine question. | How to install Mac OSX lion on a Windows Laptop »