New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Having insurmountable printing problems with my new HP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Twiet

Twiet is on a distinguished road

I've just bought an All in One HP Officejet 6500 and have been having printing problems the last few months. I own a MacBook Pro and I've tried troubleshooting with HP tech support who have tirelessly walked my through attempts to fix the problem by reinstalling my HP software. The result: any attempts I make to print are followed by a Q message that says stopped or offline. I just took the two devices into Geek Squad and they told me the problem is serious enough to where I need to reinstall my entire OS and spend nothing short of 350.00. Is this necessary? If is so can anyone kind and knowledgeable enough write a step by step walk through on how to do this? PS: one last thing I CANT find my Mac OS CD for installing the software IS this something I have to have to reinstall the OS
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Stay away from the Geek squad. Anyone who tells you that you have to reinstall the operating system to get a printer to work is not very tech savvy. And spending $350 to do it is even more bizarre.

Yes, you need your original install media. I would suggest finding it or buy another. Why don't you give us some info about your Mac? Year, Model, and what version of OS X it's running.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Lion: Problem with Launchpad... | Help me, please!! Problemns with new macbook pro »