Tiger to Leopard to Snow

Tiger to Leopard to Snow
    I bought a 2007 white macbook. I thought it had leopard. I was wrong. How in the world am I supposed to get to Snow when noone sells Leopard anymore? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Tiger to Leopard to Snow
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by nickstanley View Post
    I bought a 2007 white macbook. I thought it had leopard. I was wrong. How in the world am I supposed to get to Snow when noone sells Leopard anymore? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
    E-Bay!
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Tiger to Leopard to Snow
    Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Amazon.com: Mac OS Leopard [hang on to your hair when you see the prices!] You might also try an Apple store, you may get a pleasant surprise ('tho I didn't see any for sale at the online store).
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Tiger to Leopard to Snow
    Specs:
    iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
    upgrade
    If you make sure you have Tiger 10.11, ensure it is .11, you can upgrade directly to Snow Leopard, and bypass Leopard
    Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving

Tiger to Leopard to Snow
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by podraig View Post
    If you make sure you have Tiger 10.11, ensure it is .11, you can upgrade directly to Snow Leopard, and bypass Leopard
    While that may be true, in the spirit of what Apple has stated - upgrading from other than Leopard, the full boxed copy should be purchased. The upgrade version of Snow Leopard is only for upgrading directly from Leopard.

Tiger to Leopard to Snow
    Specs:
    Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
    Who knows, you might find the SL box set for about the same price as a retail disc of Leopard. I'm guessing that the SL products are more plentiful in the secondary market right now.

Tiger to Leopard to Snow

Tiger to Snow Leopard- Does it slow down the laptop?
    Hi everyone

I have a Macbook (Black) with the following specifications:

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
    SMC Version: 1.4f12
    Serial Number: 4H63231RVMM
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

I have been wanting to use certain softwares like Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.5, upgraded version of Mail, Garageband 2011 etc. but find that these will not work on a OSX Tiger 10.4.11 machine (which is what I have).

I wanted to update from Tiger to Snow Leopard. Just wanted to know whether that is possible firstly and secondly will the Snow Leopard slow down my Macbook substantially? Will my old compositions work on the new versions of Garageband?

I've also heard that Apple is going to have major upgrades in 2012? Is that correct and what kind of upgrades can one expect in 2012 if anyone has some idea?

Thanks
    Sane

Tiger to Leopard to Snow
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by sane24 View Post
    I have been wanting to use certain softwares like Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.5, upgraded version of Mail, Garageband 2011 etc. but find that these will not work on a OSX Tiger 10.4.11 machine (which is what I have).

I wanted to update from Tiger to Snow Leopard. Just wanted to know whether that is possible firstly and secondly will the Snow Leopard slow down my Macbook substantially? Will my old compositions work on the new versions of Garageband?
    Does it really matter? If you need a newer version of the Mac OS (newer than Tiger) to run Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.5, upgraded version of Mail, Garageband 2011, etc...you have to upgrade the OS.

Even if a newer version of the OS would slow your MacBook down (I don't think that it will)...you don't have much of a choice if you want to run the software you mentioned.

As far as the other questions. I'm not a Garageband expert...and nobody but Apple knows what's going to happen in 2012. I don't even know what I'm doing in 2012...so I certainly can't say what Apple's going to be doing!

HTH,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information