New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Parental Control software for Lion

Thread Closed

tomeg

tomeg is on a distinguished road

Will anybody who has experience using parental controls for Mac OS recommend a favorite, or have suggestions/advice. I have used Net Nanny for Mac, but it interferes with Finder so much I would like to know of a less invasive software. I know this is a touchy area for a lot of people, but try and be as objective as possible.

Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

If the issue is internet content, you might consider BumperCar2 from Freeverse. It's a $30 browser based on OmniWeb with content filters, profanity filters, time limiting, and age-appropriate site ratings. Move Safari into your home Applications folder, and keep BumperCar2 in the main Applications folder. If Safari is only available in your profile, your kids can't access it for unfiltered internet. And the filter only applies to the browser, not the entire system.
iMeki

iMeki is on a distinguished road

I Need some help my mother dosnt want me to play a highly addictive game so she put herself as and administrator on my mac now there are a lot of ABSURD things i can't so on my computer! like turn it OFF! i need some help on ANY other way to block it without using parental controls! is there any way i could change the MODEM to not go to www. runescape.com with my mac?? plz plz plz help plox!
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I suggest you discuss that with your mother. Obviously she has designated herself as administrator for good reason.
iMeki

iMeki is on a distinguished road

Is There Any way I CAN ChANGE MY MODEM SO IT DOsNT GO TO RuNESCAPE?

Thread Closed

« Eclipse and Java not working properly | Shared Drive and slow shutdown »