New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Pairing Remote control not in System Preferences ??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

I have finally got the internet hooked up in my new abode and went to turn on the ATV2 with the remote yadda yadda.

Long story short, i went into System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General to go and look for the Pair Remote tab and it isn't there.

Any Ideas ? I can't be missing something simple ??

2010 MBP

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Screen Shot 2011-08-27 at 2.00.27 AM.pngmine is still showing right under automatically update safe downloads list.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

^^^^^ Come again ?? What do you mean Update it ?? Where ? How ?

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Bump !!!!

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I was just showing a screen shot of mine running 10.7.1 still having unpair ,not sure
what you are asking.
My remote has been paired with my MBP since I bought it.
I don't think you will get the unpair option if remote was never paired to MBP.
To pair hold menu and next/ff button at same time for 5 seconds while being a few inches away from IR port
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

My iMac 10.7.1 also has that option. I wonder what is up?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-08-27 at 7.00.25 PM.png (112.4 KB, 35 views)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

And underneath the image you wrote "update safe downloads list." and that is what i was questioning.
My remote i use with my ATV2 all the time.
This is the 1st time i have used it since going to Lion and now it is paired with my MBP as well as my ATV2 and i don't want it to be. I need the Pairing option to Disable the Infrared sensor on the MBP so the remote doesn't start mucking around with iTunes/Frontrow when i want to use the ATV2.
Hope that explains it a bit better.
I don't want it working with my MBP only my ATV2

Cheers

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
My iMac 10.7.1 also has that option. I wonder what is up?
Not sure at all Dennis.
I have repaired permissions and all the trouble shooting. Not sure what .plist to put on desktop so havnt reed that as yet. Its annoying atm bc its a movie weekend and atm i have Blu-Tac covering the sensor. It works but i want to know why i havnt got the option??

Cheers

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I will check around and see if I can find a solution for you!

"update safe downloads list." is right above the remote part in security! He was just telling you where the option is on his OSX. It's on mine also.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I will check around and see if I can find a solution for you!
Thanks mate. I have looked google wise and coulnt come up with anything. Just a lot of crap telling me where it is and how to Pair the Remote.

Quote:
"update safe downloads list." is right above the remote part in security! He was just telling you where the option is on his OSX. It's on mine also.
Ahh. I see now

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Bump again.
Different time of day, so hope different members about.

Im still at a loss as what to do or how i go about getting it back in SP.

Im thinking, and i could be wrong, but having it NOT show up in System Preferences being everything to do with the system that something is more amiss ??
Don't know throwing things out there

Cheers

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

So far nothing my friend. One thing I forgot,my Mini with 10.7.1. Let me boot it and see if that option is there. Be right back.

Drat, showing up on the old Mini also in Lion!

Will keep searching.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-08-28 at 11.47.38 PM.png (87.1 KB, 27 views)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Appreciate it Dennis. This Lion isn't so roaring in my eyes atm. Another little bug to work around.
Im going to see what packages and other files are accessible when i open Pacifist with Lion that is on my Thumb Drive. See if there is one for System Preferences.
I don't know why I'm thinking it, but doing the .plist thing i don't think will do anything ?? Not even sure where to find it. Worth a try you think ??

EDIT ********* I dl the 10.7.1 update through SU which I NEVER DO. Im going to go get the Combo and see what happens once i have applied it and i have done a reboot.

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

User/Username/Library/Preferences/systempreferences.plist.

Give it a try!

Not sure if you know this, Many do not. To get into Library hit the Go menu up top with Option held down and Library will show up there! It's hidden in Lion otherwise.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Nadda, Nothing, Nil

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I, now, officially hate OS X Lion!!! | Creating bootable backup using Time Machine »