Unhappy Please help got pranked cannot get past loading screen of death
    Hi first of I apologize for any errors I may of made I am posting this from a iPhone. So I rush into things I saw on the net that some guy said that typing sudo rm -rf in terminal will give u awesome features so I typed it in without reading the rest only to find out when I thought nothing was happening I checked the site again and found out what I did.

My IMac is now stuck at the grey screen with the apple and scrolly rotating thing. I tried and it won't go into safe mode and there is a disc in the drive which won't come out so I couldn't try putting my snow leopard disc in. I back up my Mac every day so I don't mind restarting how can I get my computer working?

Thanks in advance

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Purekilla99 View Post
    So I rush into things I saw on the net that some guy said that typing sudo rm -rf in terminal will give u awesome features...
    What the "awesome" features did you expect from simply typing in a terminal command?

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
    Congratulations! You’ve just erased EVERYTHING off of ALL the hard drives connected to your iMac! How to fix this, someone else may know.
    -Dylan

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You will have to do a fresh install of your OS. Reboot your system while pressing the mouse down, should eject the disk. Once ejected, you can insert your install media and reboot holding the C key. Then proceed with your fresh install.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Here are a list of ways to force eject the CD.
    Force Eject a Stuck CD or DVD - Mac Guides

Once you get that out then you can boot from your OS disk and reinstall.

HTH
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Yay got disk out thanks for the help. I put in my Mac os x snow leopard cd in rebooted and tried pressing c key aswell i rebooted again and tried command key just in case thats what was ment and nothing is happening do I have to put origanal Mac cd in? When trying I heard my disc move but yer nothing happened. I'm only a teenager and don't know computers well sorry

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Purekilla99 View Post
    Yay got disk out thanks for the help. I put in my Mac os x snow leopard cd in rebooted and tried pressing c key aswell i rebooted again and tried command key just in case thats what was ment and nothing is happening do I have to put origanal Mac cd in? When trying I heard my disc move but yer nothing happened. I'm only a teenager and don't know computers well sorry
    Have to hold down the "c" key while it is rebooting.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Kid, don't do stuff to your computer unless you already know what the result is going to be! Read, research, ask first...

How did that reboot go this time?

Specs:
    27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.
    And keep well away from Terminal unless you know exactly what you are doing. It is a mighty powerful tool!
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    iMac Early 2008, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB
    Wow, um... This reminds me of the time I tried to install Ubuntu and somehow wiped my harddrive. Its insane that that kind of terminal command doesn't have some kind of warning, like sudo commands.

EDIT: I see it IS a sudo.

Why didn't you read the warning that popped up? Better safe than sorry, a prime example.
    ... If one falls flat on their face, at least they were moving in the right direction...

Forward...

Thread Information