New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Lion & System Pref

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BDD888

BDD888 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.

For some reason, Lion, has "disable auto login" in light gray (inactive). Can't access it. And, it has "ask for password after screen saver is on or computer is asleep" on whether I've selected that option or not.

Any one know how to turn off the first security option with the screen saver/sleep password thing? And a way to allow me to deselect "disable auto login"? I have it on "disable".

Not a big deal but would like to be able to access those features.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Click the lock in the bottom left hand corner to authenticate with admin credentials. Once you do that, you should be able to make those changes.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
BDD888

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Click the lock in the bottom left hand corner to authenticate with admin credentials. Once you do that, you should be able to make those changes.
Should have mentioned even if I unlock..I still can't disable "disable auto login" nor the password dialogue box after I've put my iMac into sleep or screen saver mode.
QUOTE Thanks
Unfrozen

Unfrozen is on a distinguished road

Having the same issue here. I think it may be because I have the disk encrypted with File Vault.
QUOTE Thanks
BDD888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
Having the same issue here. I think it may be because I have the disk encrypted with File Vault.
That isn't it. It began happening to me before I turned on the encryption for my hard drive on my iMac. So, hopefully Apple will address this and other issues I haven't come across in their first update for 10.7. Or, at least I hope so. We can't be the only ones.
QUOTE Thanks
BDD888

As some of you know Apple just released a security patch file. But no it doesn't fix this. I still can't uncheck "disable auto login". Can't access it. Locked or unlocked.

Either Apple doesn't know about this or haven't worked it out yet. Odd they would let an obvious error go. I guess they figure since it doesn't affect the major features...and is just a minor annoyance...

Maybe in their next security update...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bluetooth Problem? | Clean SL install including updates? »