New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.7 - Lion Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

muss87

muss87 is on a distinguished road

Hey All,

I recently downloaded Lion, and so far I love it.
Though it's been acting a bit weird occasionally. Now I have been assuming that it's just cause it's new and all the bugs have yet to be worked out, but from the sounds of what I hear around me, no one else seems to experience many issues. Maybe I just have lucky friends.
It will occasionally run oddly slow, which is very frustrating and also very hard to narrow down why. But also a lot of visual faults, like with mission control etc. I'll post a pic of what it does.
Also, sometimes, when I close the lid (MacBook Pro) it doens't go to sleep. so I come back to a VERY hot and not happy little computer.
Please point me in the right direction if this has been covered elsewhere.

Thanks in advance!!

QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

An update to Lion (10.7.1) was just released this past week. If you haven't installed it yet, go ahead and download and install it. It should address some of the bugs.
QUOTE Thanks
muss87

I downloaded it last night and installed it today. Exact same issue
Maybe it just needs more time?
any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
jtkeep

jtkeep is on a distinguished road

About 20 years i think, to be as good as windows xp
QUOTE Thanks
muss87

haha
But to add to the issues. I've just realised that my macbook now fails to go to sleep EVERY time I close the lid
QUOTE Thanks
ycl1688

ycl1688 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010

how about re-install lion osx ? at times you have to do it till the cow comes home. for the other person who praises windows xp, does not know what he is missing in apple osx.
QUOTE Thanks
purple

purple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM

Be prepared to prove you purchased Lion. I think they have a line set up to help with just Lion problems for those who purchased it, even if their other Apple Care has gone out.

They might ask you to re-set PRAM and/or SMC. Which is likely to take less effort on your part than reinstalling OS, which will not work if it is a power management problem.

In truth it sounds like a power management issue.
QUOTE Thanks
jtkeep

jtkeep is on a distinguished road

I just can not imagine why i ever perchased an imac, oh yes i remember it was because of the hardware a imac 27 screen etc.
But now i am soooooo tired of the mac system i am thinking giving up.
after lion upgrade from snow leopard which at least worked.

Now i have an imac which can not read data cds and cannot connect to my sonos musik system.

Plus other things had it been in XP i would have got it to work.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkeep View Post
I just can not imagine why i ever perchased an imac, oh yes i remember it was because of the hardware a imac 27 screen etc.
But now i am soooooo tired of the mac system i am thinking giving up.
after lion upgrade from snow leopard which at least worked.

Now i have an imac which can not read data cds and cannot connect to my sonos musik system.

Plus other things had it been in XP i would have got it to work.
First thing all new OS's have their share of glitches as many years you have
been dealing with Windows you should know this but Apple has released 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 is around the corner so be patient and learn the system.
As for XP is was ok in its day even Microsoft wants everyone to move to 7.
Depending on those cd's if it involved Rosetta then no Lion will not play and
warned users of such.
QUOTE Thanks
muss87

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple View Post
Be prepared to prove you purchased Lion. I think they have a line set up to help with just Lion problems for those who purchased it, even if their other Apple Care has gone out.

They might ask you to re-set PRAM and/or SMC. Which is likely to take less effort on your part than reinstalling OS, which will not work if it is a power management problem.

In truth it sounds like a power management issue.
Power management issue? doesn't sound good. As in a fault with the machine?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« User accounts -(new to imac) | os lion problems »