Thread: Office program

Office program
    Besides Office for Mac is there another program for Mac that will do business cards, mailing labels and such. I read that Microsoft's Office for Mac is unstable.

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    Office 2011 is rock steady and the best office program on the market. Don't take too much notice of anything you read and hardly anything you read over the 'net!

It requires an Intel machine to allow install.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

East Coast
    15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
    While the options you are looking for work well with MS Office for Mac, I find Outlook to fall way short of it's Windows Counter part in re contacts management and Calendars. If these are a small part of what you are looking to do, than this will work well.

Another option is Open Office ( - The Free and Open Productivity Suite). This is a free open source alternative to MS Office and works quite well.

Just my 2 cents.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I read that Microsoft's Office for Mac is unstable.
    That's nonsense. I have both Office 2008 and 2011. Both programs are stable and run well. You're either reading propaganda from Microsoft haters or someone who is having problems with it.

I do not recommend Open Office. Not only is it ugly and un-MacLike, it's kind of been abandoned by the original group of programers who were working on it. Instead of Open Office, take a look at LibreOffice instead. (Free)

There is also Pages which you can purchase from the App store for $19.99.

Thread Information