New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Changing Application Icons

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ismus

ismus is on a distinguished road

I am trying to change application icons, system icons, etc. to black. I used a .icns file to replace the iTunes.icns default file, but all that appears is the rendering image icon (or whatever). What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind. I don't know what I did differently, but it took more than one install.

For anyone who wants to know how to change the iTunes default icon, open Applications in finder, right click iTunes, select "Show Package Contents," open the Contents folder, Open Resources folder, replace old iTunes.icns with new iTunes.icns. Restart system.
QUOTE Thanks
ismus

I did the following to change the finder icon:
Quote:
"/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/finder.png" There You Can Change The Finder Icon, The Trash Icon, And Even The Little Poof Thing When You Get Rid Of Dock Files, I Made Mine Black.
But it doesnt change the finder's appearance on the dock..but the black .png is in there...

but not on the dock!! wtf?
QUOTE Thanks
ismus

So I did everything here MacThemes Forum / Manually changing Finder icon in Snow Leopard?, and it seems to have worked when the finder icon comes up in notices and things, but it is still the same on the dock!! urghh!

QUOTE Thanks
ismus

Got it!!! You have to find this: com.apple.dock.iconcache and delete it

beautiful

QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Which folder is that in, Ismus?
QUOTE Thanks
ismus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Which folder is that in, Ismus?
I found it here:

QUOTE Thanks
tedalat

tedalat is on a distinguished road

This is DRIVING ME NUTS! I searched all over trying to figure out how to tile a photo so I can change the thumbnail for Dashboard in Mission Control. I followed these...

Change Dashboards Lego Background Wallpaper in Mac OS X Lion

....basic these steps to change the Dashboard background, but can't figure out how to "tile" a dang photo!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
ismus

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finder requires password to delete any file from Macintosh HD | Partition with S.L.? »