New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac OS X Tiger CD4 how to burn?

Thread Closed

Dee80Loc

Dee80Loc is on a distinguished road

Hi guys!

First of all sorry for my english, I'm from Poland.

I'm owner of early 2005 Mac Mini [PPC]. Now I'm running on old 10.3.9 (I have DVD with 10.3.7). I want change it on Mac OS X Tiger (10.4). I had a lot of files with OS Tiger but no one works. Yesterday I found on polish website Mac OS X Tiger PPC on 4CDs. First CD is in *.iso format, 2nd, 3rd and 4th CD is *.zip. After unzip (I unziped this on my Mac) i have folder named like this "Mac OS X Install Disc [number of disc]" in every folder are two files. First: Mac OS X Install Disc [number of disc].bin and the second one Mac OS X Install Disc [number of disc].cue. *.cue file is about 1kb and *.bin file is about 649Mb (4th one have moer than 200Mb.)

OK. I mouted and installed first disc without any problems. Next one are really wierd. I have tried:
-burn *.zip files
-burn only *.bin and *.cue

And it doesn't work. After instalation first CD, Mac was restarted, then installator asked for another CD. And nothing work.

It is possible to change *.zip to *.iso? Or maybe it won't be work.

I need your help, what should I do to install Mac OS X Tiger PPC? I have only Mac Mini and laptop with Windows 7.

Thanks for all reply.
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

That is piracy even in Polish. Go out and buy a set of Tiger discs.

No help here andy your thread will probably be slammed as no one likes theft.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Definitely need to get your own legitimate copy of OS X. There is no help here with illegal copies.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Closed

« Lion not playing Blu-Ray PERSONAL HOME MOVIES & DOCUMENT discs | Lion not playing Blu-Ray discs (not movies, but storage) »