New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Syncing iPhoto videos to iDevice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FuZionDCA

FuZionDCA is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've searched & searched & cannot locate a solution to this problem.

Here's my trouble: I have videos taken on whatever camera they're taken on. I'm aware of the format the videos need to be for my iPod Touch 3GS & so use Handbrake to convert those videos to a compatible format.

I have them in iPhoto & can happily view them in iPhoto. Using iTunes, I sync ALL of my images & INCLUDE videos with that little sneaky check box just below these options. The videos do not transfer over.

I have some videos that have transferred so I've matched everything I can possibly match, right down to converting the video resolution & frame rate but still no joy so I'm not sure what's happening here.

Lastly, just to test the video formats, I've dragged the video clips out of iPhoto, into iTunes & listed them along with my movies & whatever else is syncing over fine & bam, they sync to the iPod & are perfectly playable as a movie.

I seem to have the video format compatible, but is there something I'm missing when they're in iPhoto? Do they need to be a different format? (I have plenty of storage space left).

Thanks for reading, Russ.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS Lion and 'About This Mac' | trackpad info »