New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iMac can't share external hard drive LION

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Donald Mackie

Donald Mackie is on a distinguished road

Again, I turn to the help of anyone who could perhaps point me in the right direction of where to go on this one.....

Lion was installed a few weeks back and now I can't seem to share any of my external hard drives.

The sharing and permissions area at the bottom of the "get info" on the drives are shaded gray and I can't seem to get the iMac to change it. I have 2no. external drives with music & photos which could be shared between Mac & PC when Snow Leopard was installed (please see my other thread on that one!) but now, nothing.

All was well until Lion "roared" into my life and now it's causing more problems than I imagined.

Can anyone help me or tell me what I should be looking for??

Many thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
Archangl22

Archangl22 is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Like Donald's post above, I am having no luck at finding my external hard drive listed in the volumes for my personal file sharing. I have a brand new Mini (Lion) with a 500GB Seagate Mac/PC Drive attached to it containing all of my iTunes music/movies etc on it. I have enabled everything, just like everyone else but however when trying to access the ext drive from my Macbook, I cannot see the ext drive volume. I've tried everything.

I have read many posts of people having the same issue. Anyone heard of a solution or of Apple working to resolved this.

Also, food for thought, would connecting my ext drive to my Airport Extreme bypass this problem? Also, could both computers access my music on the drive this way etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

_Archangl22
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to force automatic logout after logging in? | Firefox Thunderbird problem »