New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Dock disappearing from right side only

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

blip

blip is on a distinguished road

Having problems with the Dock, and done a lot of Googling to no avail. A couple of days ago, when I started up, the Dock was missing. At some point in the day, it reappeared (I wasn't home at the time, so not sure what went on when it came back). This has happened the same over the past few days.

It's not hidden, etc. If I put it on the bottom or the left, it's fine. The strange thing is, where the Dock should be on the right, the cursor will go off the edge if I mouse over. Not all the way down the right side; at the bottom below where the dock should be, the cursor will stay on the screen (this happens even if the Dock is on the bottom or left).

I tried deleting the plist and db files. Also deleted recent downloads and documents. Tried hiding and unhiding. Tried Option-Command-D. Tried "killall Dock" and some other Terminal things which I don't really know mean. Restarted numerous times.

Slowly going crazy here. Any ideas? I guess I can leave my Dock on the left, but it just feels...wrong.
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Delay in network connecting when waking up | Lost 3/4 desktops on lion? »