New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

HP printer floods paper with ink

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RobinWarren

RobinWarren is on a distinguished road

I have a macbook pro and a HP b9180 that has worked fine for a few years now after changing to Lion the drivers on my printer were updated now when I try to print a picture it floods the paper with ink, letters are fine its just prints, I use ilford gallerie paper, as a photographer I did print a lot. It is also mentioned on the HP forum but no one has an answer,
QUOTE Thanks
digiphot

digiphot will become famous soon enough

Hi, I had the same problem after upgrading my Mac Pro to Lion. After trying all sorts of things I eventually solved the problem by uninstalling the the Lion HP printer update that is installed after using Software Update and replacing it with the HP printer folder that was installed on my old Snow Leopard clone disk that I had created in case of any Lion problems.

To do this, delete the HP folder from the Printers folder in the Library folder on your OSX disk. Go to print and fax in your system preferences and delete the B9180 printer. Then copy the HP folder from the Snow leopard back up and paste it into the Printers folder in the Library folder on your Lion disk. Then add the printer back using the print and fax button in the system preferences. The printer should now work properly. This procedure fixed my problem but I must admit I haven't had time to test the printer thoroughly yet, so there might be other glitches.

Another way to do it might be to uninstall the Lion HP folder the way I said above and then install the Snow Leopard driver from the extras folder of a Snow Leopard install disk.

Best of luck,
Chris
QUOTE Thanks
RobinWarren

RobinWarren is on a distinguished road

Many thanks Chris
did that and now I am back printing

Regards

Robin
QUOTE Thanks
digiphot

digiphot will become famous soon enough

Hi Robin,

glad to hear that my solution worked for you. I wonder how many other people will have the same problem and whether Apple or HP will get round to sorting it out in future updates.

All the best,

Chris
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Thanks for sharing - appreciate it. Didn't run into this issue with my HP - fingers crossed.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Nigel Markwick

Nigel Markwick is on a distinguished road

I have a new 8500 multifunction which works fine under Lion and a B9180 that simply pours ink onto the page - what rubbish - think HP have really taken their eye of the ball

Thanks for your post - really helpful but can't get the results I had before and can't find a way to contact HP at the weekend
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MAIL to MS Outlook 2010 | MacBook + OS X Reboot = PROBLEMS!!! »