Lion Finder won't browse NAS Drive EXT3
    I have just upgraded to Lion and I am no longer able to access my NAS drive via finder. I am seeing very odd behaviour. First up this is what I'm running...

Set Up
    - 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 MB Pro
    - Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)
    - The network is running DHCP but with reserved network addresses for both the NAS and the MB Pro
    - NAS drive is a 2TB RAID 1 Radion unit with both Bonjour and SAMBA running

Symptoms
    - NAS Drive Detected
    - Folder ion under on drive has a '-' sign
    - On double click I get "The Folder 'xxxxxx' can't be opened because you don't have permission to see its contents" (of course the users I've tried connecting with do have permission)
    - iTunes can access all music on the drive but only in a 'Read Only' capacity
    - From Terminal I can navigate and access all files on the drive once mounted
    - All files on my NAS drive now appear to be 'owned' by the profile logged in

What I've tried
    - Creating a new NAS user with the same credentials as the user login for OS X
    - Mounting the drive using SAMBA (I had read somewhere that it may be caused due to an out of date AFP protocol???)
    - Of course 'Google' and all it entails ;-)

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions on how I can get my NAS drive back up to full operation.

Cheers

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Do you have the latest firmware installed on your ex drive ?
    Does the mfg of the drive support up to 10.7 a lot of them stop at 10.6.8 ?

Quote Originally Posted by osxx View Post
    Do you have the latest firmware installed on your ex drive ?
    Does the mfg of the drive support up to 10.7 a lot of them stop at 10.6.8 ?
    Its quite an old NAS drive and I'm sure it won't be supporting 10.7 as such. I can understand if it will no longer work using 'Bonjour' (if not a bit miffed that there isn't backwards compatibility) but shouldn't mounting it using SAMBA be fine?

It seems strange that I can browse (read/write) to the drive just fine using terminal but when using finder I don't appear to have permissions. This smells like a bug to me but would like to know if others have this problem or even better a solution.

Just in case someone is familiar with the drive I'm using it is...
    Product Name: SL3620-2S-LB2
    Firmware Version: 1.472B
    Product Vendor: Raidon
    File System: EXT3 (RAID 1)

OK so the plot thickens...

I didn't realise but I had 'Windows' sharing enabled on my NAS drive. It appears that OS X 10.7 is attempting to connect using this by default. Being a complete novice at this networking stuff and in particular with windows can some one give me some pointers on what I should do? I have ensured tat the 'Workgroup' is entered on 'WINS' details page of my network connection... I have tried connection by 'smb://'. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next... Downgrade?

OK this is defiantly a bug. This problem only exhibits itself in 'Column View'. Viewing the drives folders in 'Icons', 'List' or 'Cover Flow' works just fine.... :-( + Yea!!!

Hope they fix it soon.

How?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
    OK this is defiantly a bug. This problem only exhibits itself in 'Column View'. Viewing the drives folders in 'Icons', 'List' or 'Cover Flow' works just fine.... :-( + Yea!!!

Hope they fix it soon.
    Hope you're still reading this Lukus... I have the same unit, the same problem but it's not limited to column view. So my setup must be wrong. If you don't mind: what is your setup on the NAS and what are you using to access it (smb?)

TIA

Thread Information