New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

USB problem, might concerne Lion OS

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tommyjorp

tommyjorp is on a distinguished road

After installing Lion, I put in an USB stick, it showed up as usual.
The problem came when trying to copy a file. Nothing will transfer over.

Tried fixing it with utility to no avail and even tried with another stick. This never happened while using Snow Leopard.

Any help would be welcome
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjorp View Post
After installing Lion, I put in an USB stick, it showed up as usual.
The problem came when trying to copy a file. Nothing will transfer over.

Tried fixing it with utility to no avail and even tried with another stick. This never happened while using Snow Leopard.
Open Disk Utility, find your USB stick, change to the partition on that stick, then tell us how it is formatted (FAT32, NTFS, HFS+, etc).

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
tommyjorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Open Disk Utility, find your USB stick, change to the partition on that stick, then tell us how it is formatted (FAT32, NTFS, HFS+, etc).
It was first FAT32, then i formated it to Journal, but nothing changed.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjorp View Post
It was first FAT32, then i formated it to Journal, but nothing changed.
Can you tell me which exact brand and model USB drive you have? And can you try it on another computer? If it's a Windows computer, reformat it to FAT32. In fact, in Disk Utility, delete the partition entirely and start over.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

If that doesn't work, then for kicks, try resetting the PRAM. It cleared up a memory problem someone else was having, and one I didn't know I was even having. A lot of information is stored there, and I'm wondering if Lion upgrades have somehow corrupted the data there. Let us know how any of this works out.
Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
tommyjorp

After looking around some more, this seems to be a problem with Lion for some.

Only thing that helped was killing finder, Relaunch.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External HD Won't Mount | Lion's "Restore windows" on a per-app basis »