New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

deleting apps in lion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ecg■eow

Ecg■eow is on a distinguished road

I was really excited about the more easy delete process in lion. I was super fastidious about the apps I put on my mac because of all those preference files they leave behind that I can never seem to get completely rid of. As it turns out, however, the new new delete process doesn't actually get rid of EVERYTHING, it just gets rid of the app itself and leaves the preferences just as if you were to throw something in the trash in snow leopard.

I know this because I downloaded angry birds (which I had purchased before clean installing) played a few levels, then deleted it. I reinstalled it and everything was still there. That's not what I was hoping for. I want an easy way to get rid of all files related to an app without having to buy third party software or muck around in the library.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Try AppZapper.

AppZapper - The uninstaller Apple forgot.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Young Spade

Young Spade is on a distinguished road

I use AppCleaner myself, but both of those programs don't delete "ALL" of the files. After using either or, open up a Finder window, make it "search this mac", then type in the name of the program.

All files associated with that program should pop up, in which you have the option to move to the trash and finally completely clean out.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox questions | Will Office 2011 work on Lion? »