New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

hd full!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ronan2k

ronan2k can only hope to improve

ok so i wanted to make some room on my macbook 250gb 2.4hz
so i pulled my iphoto library onto my external hd, and my trash wont let me delete anything from it, just "secure empty trash" and theres like 60,000 items, and my start up disk is full but cant empty that either!!! not having a good mac day help!!!!

Macbook unibody 2.4ghz
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Im sorry but can you re-phrase your question as im having a hard time understanding anything
Quote:
. . . so i pulled my iphoto library onto my external hd, and my trash wont let me delete anything from it, just "secure empty trash" and theres like 60,000 items,
^^That just doesnt make any sense what so ever ??
Also your Mac Specs, what OS you are running and any other information you can add to help us help you.

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
ronan2k

ronan2k can only hope to improve

Ok I am running the latest v of OS Snow leopard ' my problem is my hd is full.
I tried deleting items from my finder but still my hd remains at capacity .
I tried deleting items from trash, but it only gives the option to secure trash (plus there are 60,000 items in trash???) I pulled my iphoto liberary onto my ex hd and deleted iphoto from finder, but still my hd remains full????

That any better??

Macbook unibody 2.4ghz
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

repair permissions in disk utility, restart your computer, then try and Empty Trash.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
sdbill2

sdbill2 is on a distinguished road

I have a similar problem with my Mac Mini 10.4.11: can't empty Trash and hard drive is nearly full. I tried to repair permissions but got this error: "Error: No valid packages". What does this mean and how do I correct this?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Single User Problems | how do I make an external OS X hard drive with OS X 10, 10.6, and 10.7? »