New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Reformatting comp problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Prerna

Prerna is on a distinguished road

I am trying to reformat my Mac book pro. I've inserted the osx cd and when booting it I held the 'c' key but when I do that the screen gets stuck at the apple logo screen and nothing happens.

Any thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Is it the grey DVD that came with the computer or a Snow Leopard disk

Either way it will take a while to book from a DVD, but if it is just not happening then have a look at the disk surface and give them a good clean.

If there are any serious scratches then you have to get another boot disk

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Prerna

Hey
Thanks for replying. Well the problem now is I can't take the cd out.

It is just stuck on the apple logo and when I shut it down and start it again still stuck.

Doesn't got to the log in screen anymore and cant take out cd ether.
QUOTE Thanks
Prerna

It is the official white snow cd. I've managed to get it out holding the track pad when booting.

when I insert the cd when my desktop is loaded it recognizes it and asks me to restart, when restarting my computer the screen gets stuck on the apple logo and won't load the CD.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

Another failed Macbook optical drive?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« nfs share mounting in osx questions | My Macbook Pro won't connect to one router only. »