New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Help guys, this problem with my mac is really annoying.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SuperNova

SuperNova is on a distinguished road

Long time reader, first time i ran into a problem with a mac.

I've had my mac for little over a year now, its a 10.6.8 15 inch macbook pro. It works fine for the first few hours of use, then all of a sudden everything stops working. No application opens in the dock, they bounce for several times then stops. New tabs created in any browser isn't able to load any webpage typed in the url (i mean just blank after i click enter, although my internet works fine on my iphone). As for functionality in the mouse and keyboard they both work. Unless i restart the computer nothing will start up or work. The thing is I use my computer for long periods of time and i want it to be on if i have it on last night running and want to use it in the morning. Any advice? i really don't want to have to restore but if thats the only option....
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

First of all, I'd make a backup of all your documents and data on that machine. Worst case you have to rebuild it and you don't want to lose everything.

Then, give you can open this, check out "Console" by searching for it through Spotlight or go to the /Applications/Utilities folder. See, if there are any error messages that indicate why apps aren't opening.

Another thing you can try is to reboot your machine with your OSX installation DVD and run a system test/repair.

QUOTE Thanks
SuperNova

SuperNova is on a distinguished road

Thanks! ill give it a try right away. Appreciate the help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« unable to quit application from dock | Cannot Reboot with Installation CD »