New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sweetcaro

sweetcaro is on a distinguished road

I made a big mistake of installing this stupid thing
Audieee: The less ugly stop-gap - ipis OS X

I was looking for a way to switch audio from headset to speakers without having to unplug headset and somewhere I read audieee would do it.
After installing the pkg I have no builtin audio
speakers don't work, mic doesn't work

iMac 10.6.8

I have ran disk utility, reset pram etc....rebooted nothing works

Anyone know how to reset the audio drivers or get them back?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcaro View Post
I made a big mistake of installing this stupid thing
Audieee: The less ugly stop-gap - ipis OS X

I was looking for a way to switch audio from headset to speakers without having to unplug headset and somewhere I read audieee would do it.
After installing the pkg I have no builtin audio
speakers don't work, mic doesn't work

iMac 10.6.8

I have ran disk utility, reset pram etc....rebooted nothing works

Anyone know how to reset the audio drivers or get them back?
That's on a Hackintosh site. It doesn't even appear to be a valid Mac app. Do you even HAVE a Mac?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
sweetcaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
That's on a Hackintosh site. It doesn't even appear to be a valid Mac app. Do you even HAVE a Mac?
Oh yes I do have a mac! Processor 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 8gb 1067 mhz ddr3 10.6.8

I did not know it was hackintosh
whatever that file did when I clicked the pkg and installed made my internal speakers and microphone to disappear.

any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
sweetcaro

Thanks to Back-in-Time I restored to an hour before this happened it's all good now.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks to Back-in-Time I restored to an hour before this happened it's all good now.
Cool. The app you want to use is SoundSource. It's a freebie.
Rogue Amoeba | Freebies: Free Software for Mac OS X

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
sweetcaro

Quote:
Cool. The app you want to use is SoundSource. It's a freebie.
Rogue Amoeba | Freebies: Free Software for Mac OS X
Thanks I tried that but it doesn't work. the minute you plug in the headset, the internal speakers are no longer available to switch So it's a pointless little program.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Quote:
Thanks I tried that but it doesn't work. the minute you plug in the headset, the internal speakers are no longer available to switch So it's a pointless little program.
Wait, what? It doesn't? *double checks*
Well I'll be danged. It doesn't. I hadn't used it in a long time, and now that I think about it, I last used it with a Mac Pro. No internal speakers = no such problem. I've done some Googling and can verify that there is no way to do it. This apparently is hardwired in. I have an AVR in the living room that is the same way… headphones auto-override the speakers.

You appear to have two solutions:
  1. Use USB headphones.
  2. Use an external soundcard, like the Griffin iMic.

I used to use the iMic on that Mac Pro I mentioned, and can certainly confirm that using that with your headphones will accomplish the job.

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
sweetcaro

Quote:
Wait, what? It doesn't? *double checks*
Well I'll be danged. It doesn't. I hadn't used it in a long time, and now that I think about it, I last used it with a Mac Pro. No internal speakers = no such problem. I've done some Googling and can verify that there is no way to do it. This apparently is hardwired in. I have an AVR in the living room that is the same way… headphones auto-override the speakers.

You appear to have two solutions:
  1. Use USB headphones.
  2. Use an external soundcard, like the Griffin iMic.

I used to use the iMic on that Mac Pro I mentioned, and can certainly confirm that using that with your headphones will accomplish the job.
hahaha yeah I have googled a lot too.... out of luck! I solved my problem by buying a regular phone handset that has a headset jack LOL (and connect to my magicjack)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac G3 not booting OS 9 install cd | Why does Apple Mail keep opening? »