Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Operating System (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/)
-   -   BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/244049-built-output-input-audio-disappeared.html)

sweetcaro 07-14-2011 10:37 PM

BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared

I made a big mistake of installing this stupid thing
Audieee: The less ugly stop-gap - ipis OS X

I was looking for a way to switch audio from headset to speakers without having to unplug headset and somewhere I read audieee would do it.
After installing the pkg I have no builtin audio
speakers don't work, mic doesn't work

iMac 10.6.8

I have ran disk utility, reset pram etc....rebooted nothing works

Anyone know how to reset the audio drivers or get them back?

Lifeisabeach 07-14-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetcaro (Post 1265774)
I made a big mistake of installing this stupid thing
Audieee: The less ugly stop-gap - ipis OS X

I was looking for a way to switch audio from headset to speakers without having to unplug headset and somewhere I read audieee would do it.
After installing the pkg I have no builtin audio
speakers don't work, mic doesn't work

iMac 10.6.8

I have ran disk utility, reset pram etc....rebooted nothing works

Anyone know how to reset the audio drivers or get them back?

That's on a Hackintosh site. It doesn't even appear to be a valid Mac app. Do you even HAVE a Mac?

sweetcaro 07-14-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisabeach (Post 1265794)
That's on a Hackintosh site. It doesn't even appear to be a valid Mac app. Do you even HAVE a Mac?

Oh yes I do have a mac! Processor 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 8gb 1067 mhz ddr3 10.6.8

I did not know it was hackintosh :(
whatever that file did when I clicked the pkg and installed made my internal speakers and microphone to disappear.

any ideas?

sweetcaro 07-15-2011 03:16 AM

Thanks to Back-in-Time I restored to an hour before this happened it's all good now.

Lifeisabeach 07-15-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetcaro (Post 1265848)
Thanks to Back-in-Time I restored to an hour before this happened it's all good now.

Cool. The app you want to use is SoundSource. It's a freebie.
Rogue Amoeba | Freebies: Free Software for Mac OS X

sweetcaro 07-15-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisabeach (Post 1265895)
Cool. The app you want to use is SoundSource. It's a freebie.
Rogue Amoeba | Freebies: Free Software for Mac OS X

Thanks I tried that but it doesn't work. the minute you plug in the headset, the internal speakers are no longer available to switch :( So it's a pointless little program.

Lifeisabeach 07-16-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetcaro (Post 1266095)
Thanks I tried that but it doesn't work. the minute you plug in the headset, the internal speakers are no longer available to switch :( So it's a pointless little program.

Wait, what? It doesn't? *double checks*
Well I'll be danged. It doesn't. I hadn't used it in a long time, and now that I think about it, I last used it with a Mac Pro. No internal speakers = no such problem. I've done some Googling and can verify that there is no way to do it. This apparently is hardwired in. I have an AVR in the living room that is the same way… headphones auto-override the speakers.

You appear to have two solutions:
  1. Use USB headphones.
  2. Use an external soundcard, like the Griffin iMic.

I used to use the iMic on that Mac Pro I mentioned, and can certainly confirm that using that with your headphones will accomplish the job.

sweetcaro 07-16-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisabeach (Post 1266279)
Wait, what? It doesn't? *double checks*
Well I'll be danged. It doesn't. I hadn't used it in a long time, and now that I think about it, I last used it with a Mac Pro. No internal speakers = no such problem. I've done some Googling and can verify that there is no way to do it. This apparently is hardwired in. I have an AVR in the living room that is the same way… headphones auto-override the speakers.

You appear to have two solutions:
  1. Use USB headphones.
  2. Use an external soundcard, like the Griffin iMic.

I used to use the iMic on that Mac Pro I mentioned, and can certainly confirm that using that with your headphones will accomplish the job.

hahaha yeah I have googled a lot too.... out of luck! I solved my problem by buying a regular phone handset that has a headset jack LOL (and connect to my magicjack)