New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MBP back up / migration?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ZenBetty

ZenBetty is on a distinguished road

Ack! I had some issues with my 2007 MacBook Pro, so I wiped it clean before upgrading to Snow Leopard and replacing the Logic Board.
I formatted the Ext HD myself, and I am coming from and going to, a Mac, so no issues with readable/writeable. I'm not seeing the Ext HD anywhere on my Mac. I've been up and running for a month and the MBP is working fine. I just can't "see" the Ext drive anymore with the new OS. Maybe I'm just missing it? Do I need to install a Driver? I've heard whispers of a Migration Assistant, is this necessary? Costly?
Thanks in advance,
ZB
*My Ext HD is a Mobile Disk Beyond Micro HD Model # BMMDU2. I'm running a MBP 2007 15" with Snow Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBetty View Post
Ack! I had some issues with my 2007 MacBook Pro, so I wiped it clean before upgrading to Snow Leopard and replacing the Logic Board.
I formatted the Ext HD myself, and I am coming from and going to, a Mac, so no issues with readable/writeable. I'm not seeing the Ext HD anywhere on my Mac. I've been up and running for a month and the MBP is working fine. I just can't "see" the Ext drive anymore with the new OS. Maybe I'm just missing it? Do I need to install a Driver? I've heard whispers of a Migration Assistant, is this necessary? Costly?
Thanks in advance,
ZB
*My Ext HD is a Mobile Disk Beyond Micro HD Model # BMMDU2. I'm running a MBP 2007 15" with Snow Leopard.
It should see the external drive just fine. Are you sure you didn't damage the USB port that it's plugged into while replacing the motherboard? Try another device in that port. Also check Disk Utility with the drive plugged in to see if it shows anything. If the port is working, DU will show the drive as attached.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How can I view "connect to server" places by an alias vs IP | MS Office for Mac in Europe? »