MBP back up / migration?
    Ack! I had some issues with my 2007 MacBook Pro, so I wiped it clean before upgrading to Snow Leopard and replacing the Logic Board.
    I formatted the Ext HD myself, and I am coming from and going to, a Mac, so no issues with readable/writeable. I'm not seeing the Ext HD anywhere on my Mac. I've been up and running for a month and the MBP is working fine. I just can't "see" the Ext drive anymore with the new OS. Maybe I'm just missing it? Do I need to install a Driver? I've heard whispers of a Migration Assistant, is this necessary? Costly?
    Thanks in advance,
    ZB
    *My Ext HD is a Mobile Disk Beyond Micro HD Model # BMMDU2. I'm running a MBP 2007 15" with Snow Leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBetty View Post
    Ack! I had some issues with my 2007 MacBook Pro, so I wiped it clean before upgrading to Snow Leopard and replacing the Logic Board.
    I formatted the Ext HD myself, and I am coming from and going to, a Mac, so no issues with readable/writeable. I'm not seeing the Ext HD anywhere on my Mac. I've been up and running for a month and the MBP is working fine. I just can't "see" the Ext drive anymore with the new OS. Maybe I'm just missing it? Do I need to install a Driver? I've heard whispers of a Migration Assistant, is this necessary? Costly?
    Thanks in advance,
    ZB
    *My Ext HD is a Mobile Disk Beyond Micro HD Model # BMMDU2. I'm running a MBP 2007 15" with Snow Leopard.
    It should see the external drive just fine. Are you sure you didn't damage the USB port that it's plugged into while replacing the motherboard? Try another device in that port. Also check Disk Utility with the drive plugged in to see if it shows anything. If the port is working, DU will show the drive as attached.

Thread Information