New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

running multiple ssh sessions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zrogers911

zrogers911 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I just got my first ever Mac. So being a windows guru I use Putty to access all of my machines at work. On my mac I see where I can individually add a new remote connection so that I can ssh into each one of my machines. But I do not know where the file is located with these configurations so that I can write a script and kick off simultaneous ssh connections without having to manually open each one. I have already generated a key and dropped so that I do not have to enter my password for each machine every time. Does anyone know where the file is located or an easy script that will open up all of my connections at one time?

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
zrogers911

Ok, so for those who care who are reading this we found a temp fix until I can improve it and make it more sufficient. Its basically a line in the shell with a mix of perl and applescript. It managed to do what I needed. But if anyone has any other ideas other than mixing some languages together I am still open ears.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrogers911 View Post
Hello,
I just got my first ever Mac. So being a windows guru I use Putty to access all of my machines at work. On my mac I see where I can individually add a new remote connection so that I can ssh into each one of my machines. But I do not know where the file is located with these configurations so that I can write a script and kick off simultaneous ssh connections without having to manually open each one. I have already generated a key and dropped so that I do not have to enter my password for each machine every time. Does anyone know where the file is located or an easy script that will open up all of my connections at one time?
I'm not well experienced with SSH, but here's a tutorial on using it in OS X. The location for the key should be a hidden folder in your Home directory titled .ssh.

SSH in Mac OS X
QUOTE Thanks
zrogers911

Thx for the link. That did not quite help though for what I was looking for. Basically for me to get what I needed to work in the shell this is what I used.

for i in `perl -le '$i=0; print $_foreach ($i .. $;+XX);'`; do echo $i ; oasascript -e 'tell application "Terminal" to do script "ssh root@xx.xx.xx.'$i'" '; done

That basically got what I needed. Hope this helps for anyone else who is looking for the same thing.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Copy the system drive from old G4 onto a bootable partition on my G5? | Sharing and Permission Default? »