Upgrading hard drive for MacBook
    I am about to buy a 320GB hard drive. I can get a enclosure and I want to image my internal to the new drive. I am told that Carbon Copy Cloner & Super Duper will not do the job as they will not also duplicate my Boot camp partition. I need an app that will duplicate the entire drive and was recommended CopyCat X. Will it do the job? I also hear of WinClone, and am aware of Disk Utility. My Windows partition is in FAT32 so Winclone may not work, or will it?

Thanks,

John

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    I don't know anything about CCX, but I would recommend keeping the Bootcamp separate from your Mac OSX clone by partitioning the external drive. I'd use SD! or CCC for the Mac clone and Winclone for the Windows partition clone.
    But that's just me...
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    CopyCat X is $59.95, and as far as I can determine, it does the same thing that CCC or SuperDuper plus WinClone. Keep in mind that WinClone is free, CCC is donation ware, and SuperDuper is shareware.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    CopyCat X is $59.95, and as far as I can determine, it does the same thing that CCC or SuperDuper plus WinClone. Keep in mind that WinClone is free, CCC is donation ware, and SuperDuper is shareware.
    Oh great I tried running WinClone and was told that it works with NTFS volumes and my XP volume is FAT32. Will Disk Utility do the job?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    WinClone also works with FAT-32 volumes. However, you can not expand or contract a FAT-32 volume reliably using WinClone. What I suggest you do is change your FAT-32 Boot Camp partition to NTFS first before trying to clone it. You can do that easily enough from within Windows.

And yes, you can certainly use Disk Utility to clone a Boot Camp partition although the procedure is more involved. See the following LINK.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    WinClone also works with FAT-32 volumes. However, you can not expand or contract a FAT-32 volume reliably using WinClone. What I suggest you do is change your FAT-32 Boot Camp partition to NTFS first before trying to clone it. You can do that easily enough from within Windows.

And yes, you can certainly use Disk Utility to clone a Boot Camp partition although the procedure is more involved. See the following LINK.
    Will I save allot of disk space on a 30GB partition?

Thread Information