New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mail app keeps prompting for Windows Live email password

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

crimmer01

crimmer01 is on a distinguished road

My Mail app on my iMac (running Mac OS X 10.6.8 - fully updated) keeps prompting me to enter my password for my Windows Live account. I've removed/added my Windows Live account several times to no avail, and have also attempted to "Rebuild" my Windows Live account to no avail. I've also verified that in Keychain, under Access Control, there are no restrictions on using my password for either the pop3 or smtp servers for Windows Live. Additionally, I've used the first aid function in KeyChain with no luck.

Could someone let me know if there's a fix for this issue? If so, any information would be greatly appreciated! I've been dealing with this for months, and haven't found a viable fix yet. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Did you try resetting your Windows Live password with a new one?
QUOTE Thanks
crimmer01

Hi - yes, several times. I've deleted the KeyChain entry, ensured that there's nothing blocking access but it still prompts me periodically for my password.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

If you deleted the keychain entry and entered a new password and saved it, then we have to assume the problem is with Windows Live. I can remember when I used my account (no longer active) that I had the same problem on occasion.
QUOTE Thanks
crimmer01

Yeah, that's what I'm figuring. I might try deleting my email address and re-opening it. Thanks for the reply!
QUOTE Thanks
crimmer01

Just fyi - I deactivated my account and immediately reactivated it, and so far I haven't run into this issue. HOPEFULLY this was the fix!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Thanks for posting back. Let's hope the MS server remembers who you are for awhile.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Intuit abandons Mac Users by not supporting LION | misty blue screen on startup »