New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

error uploading in Firefox and Safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

newmanto

newmanto is on a distinguished road

I cannot upload via any web browser. Am running 10.6.8 on an iMac G5. I have spent hours on the phone with Apple care to no avail. They think possibly a user account issue as it didn't happen in another account I set up but of course I have no access to my files in this account. They wanted me to clear my caches onto the desktop then replace them back in the folder one by one and test each time. Are you kidding me -no doubt more hours for nothing! I updated a bunch of things today and now when I go to upload I get this error message. Anyone know what's going on?

System.InvalidOperationException: [FileDialog_ShowDialogFailed]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See Resources - Silverlight DLL Resources | Microsoft Silverlight
at System.Windows.Controls.OpenFileDialog.ShowDialog( )
at Microsoft.Live.Silverlight.HotmailUploader.Hotmail UploaderViewModel.AddItems(AddFilesEntryPoint entryPoint, Boolean autoConvert)
at Microsoft.Live.Silverlight.HotmailUploader.Command s.AddFilesCommand.Execute(FrameworkElement sourceElement, Object parameter)
at Microsoft.Live.Silverlight.Uploader.Utilities.Comm andManager.ExecuteCommand(String commandId, FrameworkElement sourceElement, Object data)
at Microsoft.Live.Silverlight.Uploader.Utilities.Comm andManager.OnButtonClick(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnCl ick()
at System.Windows.Controls.HyperlinkButton.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMo useLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonU p(Control ctrl, EventArgs e)
at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

The issue here is Silverlight. It appears as if the issue is actually on their end as the error appears to be with the Silverlight app itself. That said, if you know it works, uninstall Silverlight (see here) and reinstall it.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
newmanto

newmanto is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Did that and now instead of the error message I'm back to where I started with the preview upload window opening for a second then disappearing. It freezes Safari and on Firefox it simply flashes open for a second then goes away.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connection Failed | Using Lpadmin »