Thread: Installing Panther on iMac DV
11-05-2003, 03:49 AM #1tangchongchongGuestInstalling Panther on iMac DV
for those of u what are still figuring how to install the Panther onto the iMac DV, here is the remedy.
1) check you firmware (bootrom) version
2) update to 4.1.9 using iMac firmware updater 4.1.9
3) note that if you have macos 9.0.x installed, you need to upgrade to Mac 9.1. Downloadable for free at http://www.apple.com/download
4) make sure you download the version correctly (for most non US resident, you probably need to check your locale before download. A whopping 72M for international english version and I downloaded 3 times before getting it right)
5) once firmware 4.1.9 is installed, installing panther is a matter of following on screen instruction.
Hope the helps to solve the mystery
M'sian Mac Man
12-03-2003, 01:38 AM #2Deep ReleaseGuest
What if you've run through that checklist, and when you go to boot off the Jag Install Disk 1, you get a flashing question mark folder, followed by a boot of 9.2?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By JNK123 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
By SmightMac in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 01-23-2009, 12:20 AM
By jphaigh in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2007, 09:09 AM
By d_2005 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2007, 02:53 PM
By Primeone in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2005, 11:43 PM