New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Old iLife on 10.6

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hilarious

Hilarious is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24": 4GB,1TB, Mac mini:2Gb,2GB,160GB;Snow Leopard;AirportExtreme and other bits.

I know this has been addressed before but not successfully for me. I have 10.6.8 on my mini and only recently wanted to install the iLive that came with 10.5 ('08' I think) but it refuses to 'Install Bundle Only' with 'This software cannot be installed on this computer'.

What can I do. please?

Hilarious
...you've got to laugh...
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

If you're trying to install iLife 08 from your Leopard DVD it's not going to work because you have Snow Leopard. The system "sees" it as a downgrade and will not allow it to be installed. You can install iLife 11 from your Snow Leopard DVD (if you have the full version).
QUOTE Thanks
Hilarious

Hilarious is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24": 4GB,1TB, Mac mini:2Gb,2GB,160GB;Snow Leopard;AirportExtreme and other bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
If you're trying to install iLife 08 from your Leopard DVD it's not going to work because you have Snow Leopard. The system "sees" it as a downgrade and will not allow it to be installed. You can install iLife 11 from your Snow Leopard DVD (if you have the full version).
No, I upgraded awhile back so no '11 (which is ill-reviewed by other upgraders, anyway).

I am sure - if I could stand the pain - that I could take the scenic route and reinstall 10.5.x and iLife and then upgrade the OS. A fix would be preferable! Are there any, please?

Hilarious
...you've got to laugh...
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

No fix that I know of unless you wish to downgrade your OS and that would require a complete clean install of Leopard. As for iLife 11, I really only use iPhoto 11 but as far as I can determine, it works just as well as iPhoto 08.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Viewing/deleting user accounts | iTunes problem »